Email Marketing for Small Business: 6 Tips to Get You Started!
Connecting with your key market + engaging your audience is a vital part of growing + sustaining a successful creative business. Email marketing is a powerful way to engage with your ideal client, nurture meaningful relationships and grow your business!
So here are 6 tips to get you started, if you’re trying to tackle the world of email marketing...
1. Consistency is Crucial
It is important that your subscribers feel connected to you on a regular basis. Know your schedule and stick to it! If you are curious, the standard is generally one email every 7 to 14 days. Ways to do this: plan your content ahead of time + keep a schedule to stay on track!
2. Make Opt-in Easy
Is it easy for your Instagram followers to sign up for your email list? Do you have an email opt-in form that is highly visible on your website? Make it easy and clear for your potential subsribers to opt-in! Utilize the opt-in forms that can easily be embedded on your website through mailing list services!
3. Track What They Want!
There are a number of email marketing solutions out there that can help you schedule your content, reach your key audience, and track your progress. Tracking this data will help you know what your audience wants to hear!
4. Reader Focus
Your email newsletter has to be all about your reader. Ask yourself:
Does my audience care about this or does this help my reader/ make their life better?
5. K.I.S.S.: Keep It Simple Silly!
Don’t overcrowd your email with long paragraphs. You shouldn’t talking about your new blog post AND your new giveaway AND your awesome Instagram all in one email. Choose one or two topics to focus on per email. The perfect email should look like a short and sweet note from a friend with a few visuals included to make the email visually appealing. Bonus tip: Always be aware of how your email appears in mobile form.
6. Segmentation, segmentation, segmentation.
Make sure that the people on your list are 100% sure of what they are signing up for when they opt-in to your email list. If they signed up for a free guide to marketing, do not start sending them your newsletter about your personal blog. Your email segments should each center on one subject so that when your email appears in your subscriber’s inbox, they know exactly what to expect. Of course you can write about different topics, but each segment of your list should have an overarching, cohesive theme.
Enjoyed those tips & strategies but ready to dive into more growth, profit, community?! Well...
IT'S TIME TO QUIT PLAYING SMALL AND SCALE YOUR BUSINESS
IF YOU'RE CURRENTLY STRUGGLING WITH...
- Getting to the next level & having your first $5K, $10K or $20K month.
- Defining a clear vision of where to start
- Mapping out your future plan for growth, revenue + scaling.
- Wanting to authentically connect with your ideal clients
- Overcoming "content blocks" that are keeping you stuck
- Lacking marketing knowledge beyond the basics
- Converting website + social media views into revenue.
- Mastering a simple, yet effective, marketing plan.
- Finding the TIME
- Differentiating yourself from everyone else in your industry
- Maximizing your online presence and gain visibility
- Refining your core messaging, story, and "Why"
- Getting your first or next clients
- Making consistent money in your business.
Simple Marketing will transform your life + business.
It is time to invest in yourself, in your business, in your life - sign up today!
Registration closes Feb 24th and there are less than 10 spots available!